Virtual Event (NZST)
Stuff CEO and owner Sinead Boucher has taken many calculated risks in her career. In this talk she will share how stepping out of her comfort zone to take advantage of unexpected opportunities has influenced her leadership journey.
Chief Executive Officer, Stuff
We can all have a conversation, but how do you build meaningful, productive connections? In this session, you will learn about the art of listening and key tools you can implement to enrich both business and personal interactions.
- Understanding the value of networking
- What questions should you ask to build connections?
- Strategies for business development and client management
- Finetuning your networking craft at every stage of your career
- How do you go beyond a conversation and grow a relationship?
Expand your network, make connections and meet fellow delegates in this one-on-one virtual networking session.
Developing a strong personal brand is essential to developing as a leader. Are you consistently living your personal brand every day? What does it have to do with a successful career? This session will navigate the power of knowing your personal brand and tools for using it to grow and impact others as you lead in the workplace.
- How do I know my personal brand?
- Tools to articulate your personal brand at work
- Serving others vs. self-promotion
- Advice for continuing to develop your identity as a leader
Chief Customer Officer, AIA NZ
Chief People and Strategy Officer, Southern Cross Health Society
Head of Customer and Digital, nib NZ
Regional Claims Manager, Liability, NZI
The winners of the following categories will be announced:
- Broker of the Year
- Insurance Employer of the Year
- Insurance Professional of the Year
- Marketing & Comms Executive of the Year
- Rising Star – Broker
- Rising Star – Insurer
What strategies are being implemented to effectively execute change at the executive level? How do we create a working environment for women to thrive and be their very best? In this interactive panel, forward-thinking C-level leaders will share practical examples of how they are improving the representation of women in leadership positions and moving the D&I conversation forward.
- What role do CEO’s play in driving change?
- Business consideration: why diversity matters in insurance
- Examples of successful actions and initiatives that have progressed gender equality
- Pros and cons of gender targets vs quotas
- Wider diversity balance and the talent gap: what has been implemented, key challenges and successes and what are your plans for progress in the future?
- Reflecting on your own leadership: What’s working & what isn’t working?
- What can the industry do to change its culture?
- Innovation – where are we going in 2020?
Chief Executive Officer, Allianz Worldwide Partners
Chief Operating Officer, Gallagher Bassett NZ
Chief Client Officer, Fisher Funds
Chief Executive Officer, Māori Women's Development
New ways of working, increased commitments and the post-Covid environment may all be taking a toll on your resilience. Being clear on your “why” can enable you to take ownership of your own mindset and wellbeing, develop personal strategies to thrive, and enable you to support and advocate your team bringing their ‘whole self’ to work.
- How finding your ‘why’ can enable you to develop strategies to thrive when it comes to your resilience
- Strategies for supporting a resilient team
- Advocating for your employees’ ‘whole self’ and what businesses and leaders can do to support their teams
Executive Manager, General Insurance Sales & Service, Suncorp
With increasing technology, no matter what your role is, there is an expectation to stay current and have an online presence. Social media is rapidly influencing the face of the insurance industry, not just from a business perspective but also from a personal development standpoint. This session will examine how you can use social media to boost your career.
- How to develop your online profile as a vehicle for new opportunities
- Tips for creating valuable social media interactions
- Advice for setting boundaries between social media and your work
- Beyond LinkedIn: Ways to utilize different cross-channel communication platforms
- How to use social media to reach new clients
Head of Propositions, Tower Insurance
It’s natural to want to stay in your comfort zone, but is fear preventing you from moving up or trying something new? Explore how top leaders in the industry have navigated risks in their career, and beyond insurance – what you can do once you’ve “hit the top.”
- Steps to manage risks and get out of your comfort zone
- What can you do next to challenge yourself and grow as a leader?
- Using your talents to be heard, serve on a board, start a committee and beyond
- How to excel in your current position while remaining open to opportunities
Head of Claims and Risk, Donaldson Brown Insurance Brokers
Executive Manager - Culture and Business Solutions, IAG
Director, Bridges Insurance
Covid-19 has presented an even greater challenge to balancing both our personal and professional lives during the lockdown. As we continue to work remotely, how can we work effectively while managing our personal lives when the two are now closely integrated? What does flexible working look like for an increasingly remote workforce?
- Practical steps to maintain productivity in a remote working environment
- Tools and tips to foster and maintain team spirit and cohesion across a virtual team
- How to manage new types of stress during a lockdown
- Understanding the importance of ‘unplugging’ while working remotely
Digital Delivery Manager, AA Insurance